Horizontal Bandsaw Model 480:
Foam Cutting Horizontal Block Saw
The Horizontal Bandsaw Model 480 is a horizontal blade saw (also referred to as a horizontal block saw) designed to cut sheets of material from a larger block of material. It works best with insulation materials, rigid foams, and other low and medium density materials.
This saw cuts from the bottom of the block. The distance from the table surface to the blade sets the cut piece thickness. The operator does not need to move the blade down after every cut as when cutting from the top.
- Blade height above table adjusts from 0 to 18 inches.
- Table size 50" wide x 96" long.
- 54" between blade guides.
- Cast aluminum 20 inch diameter wheels with vulcanized rubber tires.
- 2 Hp 3 phase 230 or 460 volt brake motor controlled with a magnetic starter.
- 3000 feet per minute blade speed.
- Uses up to 1" wide blades, either hook tooth or knife edge style.
- Carbide slider type blade guides give accurate cuts with minimal maintenance
- Screw over spring blade tensioning.
- Multiple dust collection points for collecting produced dust.