Vertical Fitting Saw Model 230
The Model 230 Vertical Bandsaw is a great choice for applications requiring a larger throat opening to cut lighter weight materials. The 30 inch wide by 24 inch tall throat accommodates larger workpieces. 14 inch wheels and a single phase motor keep the saw compact and easy to set up in tight quarters or carry to jobsites.
The Model 230 Vertical Bandsaw will carry a ¾” wide blade powered by a 1-1/2 Hp motor, suitable for cutting through most low density materials such as insulation and foams.
A bearing mounted moving table allows for straight cuts even with heavy or awkward pieces. The cantilever design of the table does away with floor mounted rails. Table surface is durable 12 Ga. Steel.
As with all Forrest equipment, the Model 230 is built to be rugged, reliable, and simple to maintain, providing decades of trouble free service.
For insulation fabricators the saw includes special fittings to speed the fabrication of elbows, tees, and other fittings.
- Cast aluminum 14 inch diameter wheels with vulcanized rubber tires.
- 1-1/2 Hp 1 phase 115 or 230 volt brake motor controlled with a magnetic starter.
- 3000 feet per minute blade speed.
- Up to 3/4” wide blades, either hook tooth or knife edge style.
- 24 inch working blade length, 30 inch horizontal throat, 55 table travel.
- Carbide slider type blade guides give accurate cuts with minimal maintenance
- Screw over spring blade tensioning.
- Multiple dust collection points for collecting produced dust.