Model 480M Modified Block Saw with Side Trimmers
The Modified Block Saw with Side Trimmers Model 480M is designed to quickly square, trim, and cut sheets from large blocks of rigid foam, insulation, or other low density material. A 480M insulation bandsaw with side trimmers has three main components; the horizontal saw, the moving table, and the side trimmer saws. The horizontal saw head has a powered, variable speed raise/lower mechanism. The height of the blade is shown in a digital read-out. The table motion is also powered with a variable speed drive. The side trim saws are mounted on moving carriages, and can be manually adjusted to make parallel cuts between 47 and 123 inches apart.
Because of its versatility to cut sheets from large blocks of material, the Model 480M is also considered a multi-blade block saw that is custom built for the customer’s specific application. Saw sizing and other features and dimensions can be customized to suit the customer’s needs. Please contact Forrest Mfg. Co. to discuss how a Model 480M can solve your largest cutting problems.
- Horizontal slab cutting saw for trimming blocks or cutting sheets from material blocks.
- Two vertical trimming saws to trim ends and sides of large blocks.
- Variable speed traveling table with automatic travel stops.
- Standard controls allow the operator to control the operation of the saws and table from the central control panel.
- Optional controls allow fully automatic operation.
- Operator sets the thickness and number of sheets to be cut, presses “START,” and lets the saw do the rest.